Resistance of the Group’s operating margin at 5.9%
• The Group confirms its full year objectives of a Group operating margin at around 6% and a positive Automotive operational free cash flow.
• Given the degradation in demand, the Group now expects 2019 revenues to be close to last year’s (at constant exchange rates and perimeter).
• Groupe Renault contained its first half sales decrease at -6.7% in the first half 2019 (1.94 million units sold) in a global market down -7.1%.
• The Group’s revenues reached €28,050 million (-6.4%) in the semester. At constant exchange rates and perimeter1, the decrease would have been -5.0%.
• The Group’s operating margin stood at 5.9% and reached €1,654 million compared with €1,914 million in the first half 2018.
• The Group’s operating income stood at €1,521 million compared with €1,734 million.
• The net income amounting to €1,048 million (versus €2,040 million), was heavily penalized by the decline of Nissan’s contribution, down -€826 million.
• The Automotive operational free cash flow at June 30, 2019 was negative by -€716 million, primarily because of the investment increase.
Thierry Bolloré, CEO of Renault, declared: In a tougher than expected environment, the Group stayed its course and achieved a level of performance in line with its expectations for the first part of the year. The launches of many new models, enhanced competitiveness and the teams’ fighting spirit allow the Group to confirm its profitability objectives for the full year.
Boulogne-Billancourt, 7/26/2019 – Group revenues reached €28,050 million (-6.4% compared to last year). At constant exchange rates and perimeter, Group revenues would have decreased by -5.0%.
Zie voor meer informatie het Engelse persbericht.